Areas of Practice
Foreclosure, Loan Workouts and Restructuring
Commercial Real Estate Finance
Commercial Real Estate Landlord-Tenant
Personal Property Leasing and Financing
Honors and Awards
AV-Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Super Lawyers, 2016 to present
Best Lawyers in America, 2011 to present
Professional Associations and Memberships
State Bar of Arizona (Construction, Real Estate and Bankruptcy Sections)
State Bar of Florida
Arizona Bankruptcy American Inn of Court (Executive Committee, 2019 to present)
J.D., with high honors, University of Florida, 1993
A.B., magna cum laude, Harvard University, 1990
Hon. Lacey A. Collier, US District Court, Northern District of Florida (1993 to 1995)
Hon. Susan H. Black, US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (1995 to 1996)
US District Court for the District of Arizona, 1996
US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1997
Henk Taylor is a litigation and transactional attorney focusing his practice on real estate lending and leasing, personal property lending and leasing, workouts, bankruptcy, and creditors’ rights.
Henk is listed in Best Lawyers in America and has been a Super Lawyers honoree in the area of Bankruptcy/Reorganization since 2016. Henk represents debtors, creditors’ committees, trustees, asset-based lenders, contractors, landlords, trade/service suppliers, other secured and unsecured creditors, and asset purchasers in all facets of Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases. In transactional matters, Henk represents and advises purchasers, borrowers, lenders, landlords and tenants in real estate and personal property lending and leasing transactions.
Prior to joining Warner Angle, Henk was a partner at Ryan Rapp Underwood & Pacheco and in the Phoenix office of Lewis Roca Rothgerber & Christie.
Henk earned his bachelor’s degree in Government/International Relations from Harvard University, magna cum laude. Henk received his law degree from the University of Florida, with high honors, where he served as a senior editor on the Florida Law Review. Following law school, Henk served as a law clerk to the Hon. Lacey Collier of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, and the Hon. Susan Black of United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Henk is a member of the Construction, Real Estate and Bankruptcy Sections of the Arizona Bar, and serves on the Executive Council of the Arizona Bankruptcy American Inn of Court.
Henk’s experience includes:
• Advised and represented purchasers of distressed real estate and loans secured by real estate.
• Negotiated and drafted loan and security documents for commercial real estate loans for both lenders and borrowers.
• Negotiated and drafted retail and office leases, as well as modifications of leases, for both landlords and tenants.
PERSONAL PROPERTY LENDING AND LEASING
• Negotiated and drafted notes, security agreements and UCC filings for personal property collateral, including control agreements for deposit and securities account collateral, for both lenders and borrowers.
• Assisted lenders in non-judicial foreclosure and collateral liquidation through public and private sales under UCC Article 9, as well as strict foreclosures.
BANKRUPTCY AND CREDITORS’ RIGHTS
• Represented debtors, creditors’ committees, trustees, asset-based lenders, contractors, landlords, trade/service suppliers, other secured and unsecured creditors, and asset purchasers in all facets of Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
• Negotiated and drafted plans of reorganization and collateral documents including liquidating trust agreements, bills of sale and other transfer documents.
• Negotiated and drafted forbearance agreements and modifications for debts secured by real estate and personal property collateral.
• Defended banks in state, federal and bankruptcy courts against claims of wrongful foreclosure and improper account handling.